During the warmer months, there’s nothing better than a thirst-quenching beverage to get your palate in the mood for summer. If you’re a fan of exotic flavors, this non-alcoholic Tropical Passion Fruit Hi-Fi Mojito might be your new happy hour go-to.
With tangy sweet and sour flavors, passion fruit is a fantastic ingredient to work with when making drinks. Not only does it add freshness, but it pairs extremely well with Hi-Fi Hops Hoppy Sparkling Water. As it turns out, passion fruit is a common aroma and flavor that’s expressed in some hop varieties, which comes from the organic compounds known as terpenes.
Terpenes are what give Mother Nature diversity and can be found in many different types of plants, herbs, flowers, spices, fruits, and vegetables. Terpenes are also the aromatic compounds that are found in cannabis, making this drink a perfect melody of flavors and effects.
If you’re ready to take your taste buds on a tropical vacation this summer, give this drink a try. And guess what? Because this recipe is non-alcoholic, you can skip the hangover. Cheers, and enjoy!
Non-Alcoholic Tropical Passion Fruit Hi-Fi Mojito
Target Dose: 5 milligrams THC per drink (using ½ bottle of Hi-Fi Hops 10 milligram THC Hoppy Sparkling Water - use the leftovers for a second round!)
- Shaker Tin
- Highball glass
- Hawthorne Strainer
- Bar spoon
- 8 mint leaves (set two full mint sprigs aside for garnish)
- 1-ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1-ounce passion fruit puree
- ½ ounce organic light agave (optional)
- Crushed ice
- Top with Hi-Fi Hops 10 milligram THC Hoppy Sparkling Water
- Garnish with a mint sprig and edible pink flowers
- Slap the mint leaves with your hands to release the aromatic oils, then add into a shaker tin.
- Using a muddler, begin to muddle the mint slightly.
- Add the lime juice, passion fruit puree, and optional light agave syrup, then muddle again.
- Next, add 3 - 4 ice cubes and shake for 15 seconds or until very cold.
- Fill a Highball glass with fresh cubed ice, layering in one of the mint sprigs to wrap around inside the glass. Set aside.
- Strain the drink by placing your Hawthorne strainer on the shaker tin, slowly pouring into the Highball glass, only allowing the liquid to pass through. Top with Hi-Fi Hops 10 milligram THC Hoppy Sparkling Water, then give the drink a few good stirs with a bar spoon to combine.
- Slap the remaining mint sprig to express the mint oils, then garnish with edible pink flowers. If passion fruits are in season, add a spoonful of the pulp and seeds, stir, and enjoy.