If you haven’t heard, Hi-Fi Hops is now called Hi-Fi Sessions. New to the line, which AbsoluteXtracts and Lagunitas have expertly crafted together over the last few years, is a flavor and experience called Cloudberry.
The Lagunitas Hi-Fi Session beverages come in three delicious varieties, all with different cannabinoid ratios for folks of diverse experience and tolerance levels. Cloudberry is the most lightly dosed beverage in the line, containing 2mgs of CBD and 2mgs of THC per can. Hoppy Balance is in the middle, with 5mgs of CBD and 5mgs of THC per can, and Hoppy Chill is the most potent can, containing 10mgs of THC per beverage.
Since Cloudberry is the most sessionable beverage in the Hi-Fi Sessions collection, this terpene packed Cloudberry Shandy recipe can be doubled, tripled, or quadrupled in a pitcher for all types of guests and gatherings. This fun, refreshing Shandy is alcohol-free, and fits well into a Cali Sober lifestyle. Here’s how to make it:
- Small plate, for rim sugar
- Chilled glass, for serving
- 1 can of AbsoluteXtracts Hi-Fi Sessions in Cloudberry
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5-10 blackberries, muddled
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sweetened condensed milk (optional, for added creaminess)
- Ice (pebble ice, if possible)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, for rim
- 1 tablespoon sugar, for rim
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- On a small plate, make the rim sugar by combining the lemon zest with the sugar reserved for the rim.
- In the shaker, add muddled blackberries, sugar, lemon juice, and sweetened condensed milk, if using, along with ice. Shake well until thoroughly combined.
- Moisten the rim of the glass with water, then place the rim into the rim sugar until it’s sufficiently coated.
- Pour the contents of the shaker out into the glass. Add additional ice if you please.
- Pour AbsoluteXtracts Hi-Fi Sessions in Cloudberry over the lemon juice mixture and gently stir.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
Alternative Garnishes to Try
If you can’t find fresh mint, or just want to switch up the aesthetic of this mixed drink for different occasions, consider using:
- Lavender stalks
- Jalapeño slices
- Edible flowers
- Edible glitter and lustre powders
- Lemon slices on the rim
- Drink umbrellas
- Rock candy
Flavorful Embellishments to Sub or Include
Take your Cloudberry Shandy in a new direction with these flavorful elements that can be subbed out for the berries in the original recipe, or added to the drink instead:
- Ice cubes with frozen fruit, herbs, or edible flowers inside
- Aromatic bitters
- Passionfruit juice
- Chamoy, powdered sugar, and tajin on the rim
Sweeteners to Try
Sweeteners can instantly transform your ABX Cloudberry Shandy into a bright soda or spritz. You can skip the sweeteners if you’re opting to use sweetened condensed milk, but if you skip it and are looking for something sweet, try these:
- Classic simple syrup
- Lavender simply syrup
- Monkfruit, stevia, or erythritol if you’re prepping a sugar-free version
When to Drink ABX Cloudberry Shandy
A drink this versatile, simple, and adjustable can be enjoyed almost anywhere. Here are some of our favorite places to enjoy a glass of ABX Cloudberry Shandy:
- At picnics: kick your shoes off and get grounded with a cold glass of Shandy
- On beach days: stay hydrated while you vibe.
- At backyard gatherings: a great time to quadruple the recipe in a large pitcher.
- BBQs and other family-style meals: pour the Cloudberry Shandy into juice pouches for perfectly dosed portions.
- Sporting events: a Cali sober tailgate has never been so fun.
- At DIY wedding receptions: it’s thoughtful to provide low-dose cannabis infused options for those who don’t drink alcohol.
- In your favorite to-go cup while taking a walk outside: soak up the sun and breathe some fresh air with this discreet mocktail in your favorite tumbler.
- Post-gym: For a refreshing pick-me-up and to ease sore muscles and joints after a long workout.
Find AbsoluteXtracts Hi-Fi Sessions at a dispensary near you.